Thank you for agreeing to provide a reference letter in support of an applicant to the 2017 Naktani RIES Fellowship for U.S. Students. Your letter will help us better understand this applicant’s background and interest/motivation in pursuing a research internship experience in Japan. Reference letters must be submitted by midnight, Japan time on January 12, 2017 at midnight in your local time zone.
Content: To the best of your ability, please address the following in your reference letter:
- The name of the student that you are submitting this reference letter for.
- Your name, professional title, and university/organization.
- How long and in what capacity have you known the applicant?
- The student’s academic background and/or interest in Japan.
- The student’s motivation and/or potential in science and engineering.
- The student’s maturity and ability to work as part of an international and interdisciplinary team.
- If the student has previously conducted research in your lab, please also address their prior research performance.
Format: Please compose your reference letter on university or organizational letterhead. Letters must be submitted as either an Adobe PDF document (preferred) or Word document (.doc or .docx).
File Name Format: Please use this format for your file name. Student Last Name, Student First Name_Letter_Your Last Name. For example, if this is a letter for Jane Doe and it is being submitted by Prof. Junichiro Kono the file name would be: Doe, Jane_Letter_Kono
Submission: Email your completed letter to email@example.com. Reference letters must be submitted by midnight on January 12, 2017 in your local U.S. time zone.
If you have questions regarding the submission of your recommendation letter please email firstname.lastname@example.org.